One Sunny Hill Drive, Oxford, MA 01540 Telephone: 1-877-987-3801
Email: email@example.com Website: www.qpsinc.com
The workforce training fund provides Massachusetts businesses with resources to invest in the skills of their workforce, a key to assuring the health and future vitality of the Commonwealth’s economy.
Train your employees with programs customized for your organization.
The State of Massachusetts is committed to ensuring that the Commonwealth retains a skilled workforce to meet the human resources needs area of businesses. Through the Massachusetts Workforce Training Fund, organizations employing Massachusetts workers can pursue several avenues to acquire state funds for the purposes of subsidizing employee training programs. QPS has worked and will work with companies of Massachusetts besides unemployed people to ensure you have all the necessary information. See details below.
1. All trainees must be employed in Massachusetts and cannot be government employees.
2. The business or labor organization applying for the grant must pay into the Massachusetts Unemployment Fund and must be current with its unemployment insurance payments.
1. Training grants are awarded to employers, employer organizations, labor organizations and training providers. Companies of any size are eligible to apply.
2. Grant match by the applicant and/or its partners can be cash or in-kind. (example training time) Grant payments are made throughout the life of the grant.
3. Training programs must be completed within 24 months.
4. Applications submitted on-line and requesting $50,000 or less will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Application review will begin at the beginning of the month and a decision will be made by the end of the month. Applications requesting more than $50,000 will be submitted according to the published deadlines and receive a decision in approximately 60 days. The deadline is every 4 months.
5. Maximum grant amount is $1,000,000. Technical Assistance Grants of up to $25,000 are awarded to industry associations, labor organizations, community colleges, workforce investment boards and others.
6. Technical Assistance projects are not expected to exceed 6 months.
1. Training grants are awarded to businesses with 50 or fewer employees and labor organizations.
2. The business or labor organization must pay at least 50 percent of the training costs. It will be reimbursed 50 percent of the total cost of training once the training is complete.
3. Training programs must be completed in 12 months or less.
4. Grant decisions are made within 21 days from filing the application. Training may begin six weeks from the date of the application.
5. Total grant request cannot exceed $15,000; $3000 per trainee.
6. Training must be selected from a pre-approved list of vendors. QPS is an approved training provider.
Hiring Incentive Training Grant:
1. Companies of any size are eligible to apply.
2. Each new hire must have been unemployed for at least one year or permanently separated from his or her previous employer.
3. Application must be submitted within 30 days of the new hire’s start date.
4. The company must pay the wages of the employee while in training.
5. There are no deadlines. Application can be made anytime.
6. Training program must be completed in 12 months or less.
7. Grant decisions are made approximately 3 days from filing the application.
Training may begin as soon as an application has been approved.
8. Total grant request cannot exceed $30,000, $2,000 per new hire.
9. Trainees must be Massachusetts residents.
For more information contact:
E Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org